Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pants Yell!'s Alison Statton


Pants Yell!

Since hearing becoming addicted to Pants Yell's Recent Drama for the majority of last year, and consequently telling everyone I knew how it was the best record of the year, I had been dying for a new record, a new something, a new anything. Like I've mentioned previously, when I first heard news of original drummer Carly leaving the band, I was genuinely worried; you could even say crushed. They seemed to work together as such a cohesive unit, and I felt like a change could kill the charm forever. Well, upon nervously hearing the new record, Alison Statton, just a few days ago, it became pretty evident that they had, infact, NOT lost that charm. It turns out these new sounds on the record like horn solos, waves of strings, and noticeably punchier drumming only add to the charm of a band that has never ever let me down – not even once. Check out the excellent organ and horns bridge on "Tried To be Good." It's moves like that that make Alison Statton such a wonderful success.

[MP3]: Pants Yell! :: Tried To Be Good (Super Crazy Recommended!)

Look for the new Pants Yell! album, Alison Statton, on December 4, alongside a limited-edition lathe cut 7" on Soft Abuse Records. Preorder info should be surfacing in a week or two, so stay tuned for that jazz. You will love this record. "Two French Sisters" alone is reason enough to buy the crap out of this album.

Pants Yell! on MySpace!

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Boy and the Cloud said...

couldn't agree more! everyone should buy at least two copies. oh, "two french sisters" is named after one of my songs. i couldn't repay that by buying a thousand copies!

x

chris

6:39 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

oh my! thats my favorite song!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

album kills

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home