Friday, March 20, 2009

The Springtime Is Killing Us


Pete and Pete = Springtime. Right?

The Springtime Is Killing Us! Well, not really – to be honest, I'm on spring break right now and the entirety of the week here was dreadful and wet, but today just happens to be the nicest day we've seen so far around here! Now, what's a spring break without a new mix celebrating the (late) arrival of Spring?! Why that's no spring break at all! So, since it's just beginning to turn into spring outside and I haven't made a mix since, well, a while, I made a new spring mix! Eeeeeeee! Aside from my thinking that Pete and Pete are synonymous with spring, I also feel that spring is best when paired with fast, noisy pop songs! I hope you guys feel the same way, because this new mix is chock full of them, from beginning to end. If I still had a car you bet I would be blasting this down the road, with the sun shining nice and bright! Instead I'll just settle for walking around in the sun at a brisk pace. Enjoy this one! Hopefully I'll be posting more mixes this Spring and Summer than I did this past Fall and Winter. Hopefully I'll to get to post more in general, for that matter!

TRACKLIST:

01. The Cannanes & Steward :: Hey Leopard
from Communicating At An Unknown Rate, Yo-Yo Recordings, 2000
02. Dear Nora :: Second Hand
from Three States: Rarities 1997-2007, Magic Marker, 2008
03. Shumai :: Are You Jeff Corwin Experienced?
from Tastes Like Summer, Total Gaylord, 2004
04. The No-No's :: Jupiter Girl
from Secret Luminaries, Chromosome, 1997
05. Kristallin :: Flashback
from Station, Marsh-Marigold, 2001
06. Javelins :: I Was Raised As A Polar Bear
from Terrific Times & Unrehearsed Crimes, Melodrama, 2006
07. The Artisans :: Start Again
from Why Popstars Can't dance, Slumberland, 1994
08. Crayon :: Small
from Brick Factory, Harriet, 1994
09. Comet Gain :: Orwell Liberty Dance
from Red Menace 7" EP, Piao!, 1999
10. Moped :: Window Shopping
from It Won't Sound Any Better Tomorrow, Summershine, 1996
11. The Steinbecks :: Apollo
from At Home And Abroad With The Steinbecks, Summershine, 1996
12. Velocity Girl :: Forgotten Favorite
from My Forgotten Favorite 7", Slumberland, 1991

DOWNLOAD IT!
The Springtime Is Killing Us [.ZIP, 12 MP3s, 77mb]

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Three more things of note!
1. The Pains are going to be on TV! Holy shit! On April 1st they'll be performing on Last Call w/ Carson Daly. This is just too much, it seems like just yesterday that they mailed me a copy of their first EP, in turn winning my heart forever – now they're winning hearts around the entire world. Anyway, I wish them the most luck and I hope it goes great! Don't forget to watch! Hope it's not an April fools joke!
2. Colin Clary has got a new record out on WeePop! that no one seems to really be mentioning – myself included, I guess – even though it's totally fantastic! I'll admit, I wasn't super into the recent Smittens album, but this new solo one is the bees knees! Perfect for warm Summer lazing. Listen to "Phone Me, Phone Me"
3. If you live in DC, go and see Comet Gain at The Black Cat on April 8th!!! There is no excuse good enough to justify missing this show. I don't care who's funeral you have to go to, this is more important.

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

waaah!

Sorry, but I am in a state of agony. Ok, I'm not in any agony at all. I just wanted to hint about the superior version of Flashback. There is a version on the i tried a thousand times compilation with michele bernard on it. listen to it, you will fall in love so hard that you will never ever be able to recover.

and since you're the man blogging these days.... plz find out if she ever did anything else,,, i need to know. much love

3:52 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

i will go track it down! thanks andreas!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Muppet Soul said...

Yay black cat!

Oh how I miss DC.

10:04 PM  
Blogger L said...

Fantastic - Thanks for this.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

did you ever track down the version of flashback with michele bernard? if you do manage to find it, could you send me a copy of the mp3?? (kate5220@gmail.com) it would be super-greatly appreciated

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home