Friday, August 28, 2009

Eggplant


Sweet Anarchy 7" sleeve.

The other day I came across a band called Eggplant while reading the back pages over at I Could Die Tomorrow and after listening to them nonstop and becoming hooked on them, I really can't believe it took me this long to take note of their A+ pop songs. They were from the UK, but had releases on American labels Bus Stop and Pop Narcotic, as well as non-American label, Elefant. Their song "Often I Lie", from the Sweet Anarchy 7", is the quickest, sweetest rush of catchiness I've heard in recent memory. Clocking in at an astounding one minute flat, it practically demands being listened to at least 5 times in a row – at least that's what I've found myself doing. Believe me, it's that good.

[MP3]: Eggplant :: Often I Lie (Waaay Suggested!!!)

If you're into it – and really, you shouldn't be here if you're not – you can head over to I Could Die Tomorrow and download a (pretty much) complete Eggplant discography.

Labels: , , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home