Monday, May 29, 2006

Drummer Jaime Tambeur Leaves Islands!



From Islandsareforever.com:

May 28th 2006

J'AIME TAMBEUR IS LEAVING ISLANDS, AND
THE BAND GOES ON.

The long time collaboration that is Nick Diamonds and J'aime Tambeur has come to it's end. Main songwriter Nick Diamonds will continue on with the band as it's currently experiencing an impressive and fortunate peak. Tours will remain in tact, future recording will come.

It is with sadness that I report Jamie has left Islands, but the band waltzes on! We wish Jamie the best in his new life. Islands are forever. -NICK DIAMONDS

"The fact is that I don't need to be in a band anymore. I think Islands is one of the best, if not the best band out there these days, and I have every confidence that they will do incredibly well. I'm just not sure that being in a successful band is all that important to me anymore. I'm not leaving because of any problems with people in the band. It's very hard to do this, Nick and I have been creating together for quite a long time now... our relationship, both creative and personal is something that I will cherish for the rest of my life." -J'AIME TAMBEUR * (various thoughts from a statement)


This is a very very sad day and Islands just won't be the same without Jaime and Nick working together on it. From what Jaime mentions on the website, one can assume that the recent success of Islands was just not something he wanted to be a part of. It's likely that the recent gain of radio airtime, as well as video airtime on MTV was just the straw that broke the Jaime's back. He probably wasn't too psyched on having entire high schools of fans across the world either, he's not that kinda guy.

What is strange however, is this: "It's very hard to do this, Nick and I have been creating together for quite a long time now... our relationship, both creative and personal is something that I will cherish for the rest of my life." If this is about not wanting not to be in a successful band, than why does he have to bring Nick into it. There's no reason he should be mentioning their relationship, they're supposed to be really good friends from what I understand and this shouldn't have any effect on that, just a thought. Whatever, either way, it's very sad and hopefully Jaime will pop up with something great (but defintiely not successful)down the road.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

This is lame...I mean to just bail out on Islands because it has become bigger than expected is just lame. Isn't it supposed to be about making great music that people love?
If you concentrate on all the bull shit then you loose sight of the purpose.
I think he will regret this later on...Or maybe he just never thought they would come this far...Whatever.

I think he mentioned the relationship between him and Nick because he was trying to prevent rumors from starting...But that is inevitable with situations such as this.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

yeah, once pitchfork, et al gets ahold of it, it will probably get messy. hopefully it wont, but its pretty likely.

2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J'aime is not Alden! I don't think the success is what's motivated him to quit, otherwise he wouldn't have started this band with Nick in the first place. I think he just doesn't want to make music anymore. And he's moving to Australia.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

How do you know he's moving to australia?

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's all over the place! I don't like to dabble into their personal lives, but i hear that he and his fiancee are moving here...which means that my wish for Islands to come to my country will get fulfilled...strangely.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

haha, i guess i hadn't heard that he was moving to australia yet. thats neat i guess.

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home