Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Something's wrong, but you don't know


The Artisans (photo stolen from Roque)

Today is a great day! Why, you ask? Because about a week after posting a new mix featuring a song by the fantastic band The Artisans, whom I've fallen in love with over the past month (only hearing just two songs!), I come to find out that Roque will be releasing a 3" CDr compiling their entire career output. Now, "entire career output" here only means six songs, but that's four more than I'd ever heard before, so I'm pleased as punch! More pleased than punch, to be honest!

[MP3]: The Artisans :: Jazz Serenade (Sooooo Rec'd!!!)

My first exposure to The Artisans came via Slumberland's Why Popstars Can't Dance, which included their songs "Start Again" and "Tolerance" which, for me, are still perfect pop songs. The Artisans sound more than a bit like The Popguns or Velocity Girl, to me, which is in no way a bad a thing, but they've also got a softer side, reminding at times of perhaps The Shapiros or The Castaway Stones. Either way, if you're still looking for a better point of reference, I feel like these guys should have totally been on Sunday Records and released a lot more stuff, because I want more.

The compilation CDr is out now on Cloudberry Records as part of the new Cloudberry Classics series – which may I add, is an amazing idea. Especially in this case, because I imagine it would've been a while before I tracked down a copy of The Artisans one and only record self-released "Jazz Serenade" 7". Cloudberry's outdone itself once again!

Labels: , , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

9 Comments:

Blogger shelflife said...

I'm so excited about this too!! Just ordered a copy.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Adsız said...

nice blog my friend =)
you may visit my blog
http://healtime.blogspot.com
i need your support :)

have a god day ;)

12:22 PM  
Blogger iain mayfield said...

This is great! the mayfields say yeah!!!

3:02 PM  
Blogger The Viewliner Limited said...

Congratutlations on being choosen a "Blog of Note"

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent blog. It is very interesting. As you said somethings go wrong but with knowing.olympic reporting

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm interesting too..... nice to visit you....... please, join me.....

10:40 AM  
Blogger loser825 said...

I like. :-)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Willy Lopez said...

http://fortheloveofvampires.blogspot.com/

nice blog i really like all the technique

11:42 PM  
Blogger Luanda said...

Blog beautiful , go in my blog? Bye

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home