Friday, August 28, 2009

Higher Than The Stars


Higher Than The Stars

I haven't mentioned the Pains here on Skatterbrain for some time now, I think. That's mostly because I never really said much of a proper word about their debut LP – and I still won't. I couldn't phrase my feelings for it when I first heard it and I still don't believe that my words could do justice to just how great that record has made me feel time and time again. So that's that. For someone with their nose constantly pressed upon on the glass of the indiepop display case at the 2009 store, the Pains have seemed to be perpetually around. Which is great, they deserve it – but it's been a bit tough to keep up with everything Pains in the world, and that's why until now, "Higher Than The Stars" hadn't really done me in. It could be that I just hadn't really listened to it until this morning, but I would be more inclined to say that staying up all night in the rain with my friends on what was effectively the last night of my Summer, followed by a heavy-eyed morning watching the sun come up with coffee in hand and "Higher Than The Stars" blasting as well as it could out of my tiny macbook speakers is what really made it sink in. Contextually, this experience hardly meshes with the song, but those dreamy keyboards and that hypnotic vocal melody are making me feel more than any words possibly could at this very moment. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart fucking matter.

[MP3]: The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart :: Higher Than The Stars (<3)

The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart on MySpace

Labels:

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home