Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Tiddies



I checked good ole Hype Machine and I was extremely surprised to see that there hasn't been one post made on Philadelphia's The Tiddies. The Tiddies make highly melodic power-pop in the same vein as perhaps Built to Spill or Pavement, but with something more. While they've definitely got that that power-pop sound, they also employ catchy piano lines and Beatles-like harmonies, creating a really unique and unforgetable sound.

[MP3]: The Tiddies :: Hay Un Pulpo
It's funny how a piano line can really make or break a song. For instance, I hate Coldplay and the piano in their songs drives me crazy, but here in this gem of a pop song, the piano couldn't be more perfect. A simple suitar riff and steady piano start out the song until the rest of the band comes in and sweeps it off it's feet. I could listen to the "you keep on breaking my heart" part over and over again, it's just exactly what I want to hear right now.

Buy The Tiddies for just $5!


Also for those of you who haven't yet seen, I won Matt's Pants Yell! contest! What are the odds? I'm psyched though and I can't wait to get my wonderful prize(s). Thanks Matt and thanks Pants Yell!

Also I would like to urge you to check out Friction.Fiction. My friend Sarah runs it herself and she handmakes scarves, bags, totes, pillows, iPod cases, and tons of other things. She takes special orders and everything is 100% handmade with love, lots of love. Check out the website for ordering information, photos, and also be sure to check out her writing too, while you're there!
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just noticed that you made me a little plug! thanks, darling, youre a total sweetheart.

see you tomorrow evening.
dont embarass yourself too much in front of me!

-sarah.

p.s. the computers in the newspaper computer lab wont let me login. so...its anonymous.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

were not doing that one song now, because now were playing at this place in jake's neighborhood and its weird and i decided to not do techno dance party becausei think they would kill me. and i dont want to die.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home