Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Marshmallow Kisses: "My Dear Giant"



I'm not gonna lie, if MySpace didn't exist, there's a good chance that Skatterbrain wouldn't either. That being said, I have been spending excessively excessive amounts of time on there lately trying to find/here as much indie pop as I can. Often I spend hours on there with nothing at all to show for it, but sometimes I find something amazing like The Marshmallow Kisses. They sound exactly like you would imagine a band named The Marshmallow Kisses would sound. The Marshmallow Kisses are Peter and Edine. These songs comes from their I Wonder Why My Favorite Boy Leaves Me An EP last spring on the Taiwan label Silent Agreement. Fall in love and enjoy!

[MP3]: The Marshmallow Kisses :: My Dear Giant (Super Recommended!!!)
[MP3]: The Marshmallow Kisses :: Everyone Else Is Ahead, Far Ahead
They say they sound like Belle and Sebastian, but I don't really see much of a connection besides the fact that they both make absolutely perfect indie pop. "My Dear Giant" has appeared in a few TV commercials over in China and Taiwan, and when you hear it, you'll know why. You could pretty much sell whatever you wanted with Peter and Edine's amazing harmonies floating in the background. When the synth strings and tambourine come in for the chorus, you'll be hooked, I guarantee it.

If you're not in Hong Kong or Taiwan and would like to buy a copy of the I Wonder Why My Favorite Boy Leaves Me An EP send Peter an Email and tell him you want to buy one.

The Marshmallow Kisses on MySpace

*************************************
There's a whole bunch of new links in the blogroll in the sidebar and I couldn't encourage you more to check out every last one of them, because they're all great. Also, By now I'm sure you've noticed I changed some things around here. I'd love to hear what you think. Comments? Critiques?
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was really hopingthat somewhere in there you were going to say that they sounded like their name...now i'm excited to listen

2:38 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

youll love it for sure!

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazin to have put our stuff here darling!
www.themarshmallowkisses.com

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone Else Is Ahead, Far Ahead changed my life delightfully.

1:35 AM  
Blogger Dewy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home