Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Road to the 2007 NYC Popfest: Affair d'Coeur


We Like Our Bitches Crazy is your guide to every band playing the 2007 NYC Popfest, in alphabetical order, OBVIOUSLY.

As the caption above says, We Like Our Bitches Crazy will hopefully be your all-encompassing guide to just about every act set to play the 2007 NYC Popfest. The road will be rough, and I may not get to every band, but I will try, I WILL TRY.

First out of the alphabet door are (how appropriate) NYC's own Affair d'Coeur. They play noisy as hell pop songs with lots of feedback that sound kinda like the jangle of The Flatmates meets the blatant noise of early Jesus and Mary Chain. They'll be playing the Popfest alongside The Smittens and The Secret History, among others, on May 28th at The Delancey. Listen to some songs:

[MP3]: Affair d'Coeur :: Heart On Demand
[MP3]: Affair d'Coeur :: Don't Tell Me

-----------------------------------------------------------
The 2007 NYC Popfest on MySpace
Super Mega 2007 NYC Popfest post with dates and lineups

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

7 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

i would like to know where the phrase "we like our bitches crazy" comes in because i find it offensive to both women and the mentally ill.

Courtney- NYC Popfest Organizer

8:05 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

lol, it came about in the comments of the initial popfest post

10:13 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

do you not like it? :'(

10:17 PM  
Blogger kardyhm said...

well, let's just say that you definitely sparked a little "discussion" amongst the NYCPF07 planners.

I am a woman, and my mental health is often in question (believe me, the popfest has affected all of the planners' mental health)... but I am not offended, only amused.

In fact, I was championing it as the tagline for the back of our T-shirts, but I don't think our merch guru will go for that ; )

You've got a great blog - we hope to see you at the fest so we can all kiss and make-up.

kardyhm. (a native Annapolitan, too!)

6:34 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

oh man it wouldve been so awesome on the back of shirts! haha!

i got an email from Michael actually, yesterday, asking me among other things what hig school I went to because his gf is from annapolis too, so im gonna take a wild guess and say that that's probably you!

i went to broadneck, by the way.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

thanks for clearing that up. I still don't support it and I seriously don't like it. It's not the price I want to pay for not being called twee. And I say this for myself and anyone else who is offended by it, which isn't all the other Popfest people, but I really don't want someone to read your blog and think that they're alone in not liking that tagline. Peace.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

well it's your guys' popfest, so i'll change it if youre not into it... i wasnt trying to offend anyone...

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home