Friday, June 19, 2009

Tomorrow Today


Seeland

I've been loving Seeland's debut LP Tomorrow Today since in was finally released back in March of this year. To be honest, I was initially drawn in by the LP's fantastic artwork at the mention of ex-Broadcast member Tim Felton. After realizing Tim was in the band and that Seeland's influences lie basically in the same field as Broadcast's, I expected some sort of Broadcast rehashing – which to be clear, I wouldn't have entirely minded. But such was not the case. To my surprise, the majority of Tomorrow Today is actually brimming with catchy pop tunes. The songs range from 80s electronic anthems ala OMD, to summery space-age pop in the vein of Stereolab, though always more or less wrapped in some of the band's library music and analog electronics influences. "Turnaround" is one of my favorites, have a listen!

[MP3]: Seeland :: Turnaround (Highly Recommended!!!)

Seeland on MySpace!
Tomorrow Today is out now on Loaf Recordings.

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home