Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Break-A-Way

I present to you, a less-than-interesting YouTube video of quite possibly of the catchiest, funnest, smileyest songs I've ever heard! Beryl Marsden's 1965 single, "Break-A-Way". Oh, god, when her voice gets a little snarly, like she's just getting over a cold, I think my heart breaks just the slightest bit. Beryl went on to join the strange lineup of Rod Stewart, Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood, and others in Shotgun Express in 1966 after her final solo single "What She Got" turned out to be a bit of a flop. This song, however, is a timeless pop gem if there ever was one.

Labels:

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

5 Comments:

Blogger darren said...

Did you know Tracey Ullman covered this, when she used to be a pop star? Her version is even better. I`ve got the 10" of "They don`t know about love" somewhere, which is a real heartbreaker....

2:36 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

no, i had no idea! but i just watched the video and its fantastic! and much faster. i'm not sure yet which one i like more, possibly still beryl, but tracey's version is ace.

2:47 AM  
Blogger www.sgcny.com said...

Def a toss up.
http://www.allmylittlewordsonline.com

1:18 PM  
Blogger Liam said...

I played the Tracey Ullman version once when I was DJing at a friend's club night, one person danced to it. That person became my hero

9:09 PM  
Blogger kidfrostbite said...

it's the irma thomas version that's the real business though. a total scorcher!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home