Tuesday, June 16, 2009

All My Summer Songs No. 4


Summer just keeps getting better

Number Four!
[MP3]: The Neoboys :: Richman's Dream
(Submitted by reader Salvador Martinez!)

"My favorite summer song is a classic track by the cult all-girl band The Neoboys. They were part of the interesting punk scene of Portland in the early 80's. The song is called "Richman's Dream" and I know that it isn't about summer but I discover it while seeing the first Gus Van Sant movie, "Mala Noche", last summer and I immediately fell in love with the song and the band so it became my summer tune last year. It's so sad that there's no new re-editions of their LPs or 7", either here in Europe or in the States and hope any label notices it soon to make justice. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Cheers, summer people!"

This song is the perfect example of why these summer song posts are so great! I'd never ever heard of the Neoboys, but this song is awesome. Infact i think I'm in love with it. If anyone has any more info on them, please feel free to share!

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home