Thursday, June 04, 2009

A monthly mix: June!


Guess the movie!

It's that time again! This marks the very first two mix streak of consecutive monthly mixes – as you may know, I tend to forget to keep these kinds of 'regular' things going! About the mix though, it's a very good one! Featuring a smattering of mostly U.S. indiepop mostly from the 90s mostly with leanings towards quick, noisy, fuzzy, hook-laden pop songs. In short, the perfect thing for these hot summer days. Personal highlights include Poastal's "The Absolute Magnitude...", with it's speedy and totally unrelenting bassline; Fuzzy's "Flashlight", which I only just heard very recently, but have quickly fallen in love with it – look at her voice go!; and Red Dye No. 5's "Hope", a song I'd been meaning to track down for a long time, from a compilation (Pure Spun Sugar) which I'd also been trying to locate for quite some time! I have it now and I couldn't be happier. I hope you love the mix! Let me know what you think of it!

DOWNLOAD IT!

Tracklist:
01. Fuzzy :: Flashlight
02. The Summer Hits :: Laetitia
03. Racecar :: Wonderment
04. Henry's Dress :: Get Yourself Together
05. Poastal :: The Absolute Magnitude of Negative Five
06. Schrasj :: Tower
07. Boyracer :: In Love
08. #Poundsign# :: Button
09. Fudge :: Girlwish
10. Plumtree :: The Phone, The Phone
11. The Cherry Smash :: Airport Girl
12. Red Dye No. 5 :: Hope

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

9 Comments:

Blogger eagleapex said...

FYI, your hosting site gave me a popup that Friefox says is a reported attack site. Maybe try http://drop.io?

7:36 AM  
Blogger tc said...

This absolutely made my day! I have been trying to find "Button" ever since I heard it on lastfm. thanks.tc

3:11 PM  
Blogger 3 Column Grid said...

YES

My heart sings with the release of each new Skatterbrain mixtape! Thanks!

5:04 PM  
Blogger d.c. said...

i lost my 7" with button on it some years back PLUS red dye no 5! very excellent mix! not only that, "bust 'em green" is still in heavy rotation for me and i bought it the day it was released! excellent!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

awesome! glad to see someone as excited about red dye no. 5 as i have been lately! good to see you guys still like these mixes :)

2:11 AM  
Blogger Pete Green said...

Racecar were a great band! I love her voice.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Marianthi said...

Ace mix, Matt. Hadn't heard that Fuzzy song in so long. Thanks! x

5:28 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

glad you like it guys :) i need to hear more fuzzy. i've only got that once single!

2:23 AM  
Blogger lostinsushi said...

i guess i'll love it ;)

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home