Friday, May 29, 2009

You're the architect of my heart


Alyssa and Andy

Nun Party is the wonderfully catchy lo-fi pop project of Alyssa Roberts with occasional help from Andrew Smith (The Airport of Love). At the moment, the female-fronted lo-fi pop moniker seems to be over-diluted with that fuzzy four-chord garage sound that, upon the beginning of it's recent revival, I was pretty smitten with – well, it's starting to wear a bit thin to me. Fortunately we've got Nun Party, who seem to lean more towards the likes of Dear Nora or The Aislers Set, rather than the Shoppies or JAMC. The harmonies, though sometimes obscured by the nature of the recordings, are pretty much irresistible – each voice seeming to take it's own path with a complete lack of regard for the other, much like the way many of my favorite Dear Nora songs seem to operate. But it all works out perfectly, of course. I never want this song to end :( You'll be listening to it on repeat, trust me.

[MP3]: Nun Party :: Architect of My Heart (Super 100% Recommended!!!)

Nun Party's debut CDr EP All Your Favorite Girls will be out soon on the newly founded Summer Camp Records out of Lutherville, MD! Keep your eyes peeled and be sure to order the crap out of it when it comes out! Oh, and you should order Andy's tape while you're there, too, because it's really good.

Nun Party on MySpace!

Labels: , , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

3 Comments:

Blogger Marianthi said...

Ooh, that's very lovely. Thanks Matt!

8:24 AM  
Blogger HowlingKoala said...

Just got my cd in the mail, thanks for tipping me off

7:28 PM  
Blogger kitty said...

Hello, your blog is wonderful, and it has so much useful knowleages. I like it very much!

Thank you. You also can come to my website to see if there are something you like.
nike tn
nike shox R4
nike tn
cheap ugg
uggs
nike air max
nike tn requin
nike shox requin
mens nike shoes
nike

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home