Tuesday, June 02, 2009

I want to go and find a girl with open-ness and honesty


Some of The Seven Inches

Boy do I feel silly. Since first coming across them sometime in the past, I've always purposely glossed over Leeds' Seven Inches. Why? I don't know, really – which is exactly why I decided to give their new Open-Ness and Honesty EP (released just yesterday on Tom's new Indie-MP3 Records!) a try! Sure glad I did, because, though unbeknown to me this whole time, The Seven Inches are actaully really, really good.

Both the first and final tracks of this three-song EP are absolute gems! The songs are quick, noisy numbers with boy/girl melodies (care of Ian and Emily) topped off with squealing solos and feedback and horns! In other words, right up my alley! Emily's vocals, which remind me quite a lot of Pam Berry's dreamy croon, are the perfect juxtaposition to Ian's snarl – note the bridge around the 2:00 mark in the title track – ahh, bliss!). To Boldly Go is just fantastic as well, closing the EP with about as much pop bombast as one could possibly squeeze into just under three minutes. A Layer of Chips likened it to Aiport Girl's indiepop epic "The Foolishness We Create..." and I really couldn't agree more! Get this EP! That's all I have left to say.

[MP3]: The Seven Inches :: To Boldly Go (Highly Recommended!)

Order the Open-Ness and Honesty EP from Indie-MP3 Records!
The Seven Inches on MySpace!

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

3 Comments:

Blogger Marianthi said...

Heh, you aren't to know of course but that's an *ancient* photo of the Seven Inches. I doubt any of those people are in the band anymore. Anyway, lovely record!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

haha, oops! they didnt have many photos so i just took this one because it was the clearest! i hope theyre not offended! :)

12:47 PM  
Blogger forexhumor said...

haha. oh well. so the photo is old. still is a good post.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home